Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Leg pain, MRI test done, surgery required, substitute for surgery

My Mother inlaw, 69 yrs has some pain in hers legs. A MRI was done which shows bulge diffuse at L3 -L4 and minor diffuse at L2 and L3. This due to ageing . She has been recommended surgey. Is there any other way out. Can she be fine even without surgery . Also Is it possible to have an apptm of Dr. Duggani for her. We live in Belgaum.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
if she is hving neurological weakness or extreme pain than surgery is must
if not then we can treat conservatevly with physio.and neurotropic medicine
at age of 69 there will be obvious some degeneration and diffuse disc bulge
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta's  Response
dear one
welcome to H C M
she is having pain in her legs but no neurological weakness or extreme pain than surgery is
not needed,, then we treat conservatevly with physiotherapy .and neurotropic medicine along with analgesics there will be some degeneration and diffuse disc bulge will be present in MRI ,which is a common feature at this age.she will improve soon without surgery.
dr s k gupta
Answered: Fri, 18 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor