Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
124 Doctors are Online

Leg numb after injuring shin. What can I do about the scrape? Is shin okay?

Hi Yesterday i fell in a inground pool and hit my left shin on the side of the pool. When i was in the water my leg felt numb , and when i got out there was a srape that is like under my skin . My skin were i got hurt feels stretched , and is red . It hurts when i run , and hurts to touch . If i get hit there softly , i have this weird pain there . When i run that happens too . What is wrong with my shin ?
Asked On : Sun, 1 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  217
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
sounds like you have a haematoma. this should improve with time. antiinflammatory medication, rest, ice and elevation should help.
Answered: Tue, 1 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor