Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Leg injury due to accident, intense pain after long time, unable to move leg. Steep plate inserted from knee to hip. Treatment?

I have a steep plate in my leg from my knee to my hip, shattered from a auto accident. I had it put in about 10 years ago. Lately, I have had a intense pain coming from the location of the plate. I had my doctor order a X-ray in December 2011 and nothing was found. The pain is more intense and is put a limit to my mobility. What could be the problem?
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
I would suggest you to get a repeat X ray and see if there is any sign of metal reaction. If fracture is united and plate is causing you so much pain then it will be better for you to get it removed. Till that time you should take Brufen tablet and avoid long walking. I would also suggest you to get following blood investigations such as WBC,ESR, CRP.
Answered: Mon, 7 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor