Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Leg bone from middle of thigh fractured, not recovered, small leg hence. Any solutions ?

my leg bone from middle of thigh was unfortunately fractured by an accident 1-1/2 year before, two operations was made but the bone was not recovered as straight, small curve has been appeared and due to it my leg now is little bit small, and i cant walk easily owing to this situation, tell me what to do to solve this problem
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello asimino12000,

I can understand your worry about walking. You did not tell your age. Many of the patients with a fracture ( femur) thigh bone have leg discrepancy post recovery. Do not lose heart. Your leg and pelvis needs to be examine clinically to study and diagnose the shortening of your leg that is causing you difficulty in walking.

You should consult an orthopedic surgeon. You can also take the help of a physiotherapist. Hope you are under an expert to help your leg get mobile and flexible, physiotherapy will help to strengthen your leg. Under an experts you will get much help to gain stability and that will help you to walk better. Take food rich in calcium. You can take calcium supplements.

You can also take the help of a podiatry expert for footwear advice and for the problems that you are suffering from. To diagnose the leg shortening the doctors will have to study your posture, pelvis ( iliac crest ), knees to look for asymmetry. You may need few tests like Pronation test. Heel lift may be sufficient to solve your problem. There are other therapies like growth modulation that helps bones get better blood circulation and length at the area of the fracture. Get investigated well so that you get rid of your problem. Have a good day.
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi asimnoo
Pl consult your orthopedic surgeon with a fresh x ray , for union or non union. Type of implant used nails or plate. shortening due to angulation or fracture site collapse.
If bone is not recovered straight , looks that it should be made strait by procedure, implants and bone graft if required. But definite answer can be decided only after patient examination and x-ray.
Answered: Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor