Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Left testicle in pain. Why? Can a visit to urologist cause it?

Hi! I am 19 and just came back from an urologist . I have felt pain in, or more accurately, little above my left testicle . This has already once happened to me, but after 12 hours everything was good again. This time it is lasting for over 3 days. My doctor said that this was because of Frenulum breve, but I have read a little bit in the net and never found a connetion between the two. What do you think should I do - go to another urologist or is he right an this is the cause of my pain?
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you may have
grade one varicocele or epididymitis.However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination and colour Doppler study of the scrotum.
Please consult another Urologist for clinical examination and second opinion .

In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Get the prescription of medicines from your family Physician.

Ensure to drink more water.To keep your urine dilute .

Answered: Wed, 2 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Vivek Chail's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

It is tough to come to a diagnosis without clinical examination. However, pain above testis (in groin area) can mean inguinoscrotal swelling (hernia or infections) or inguinal lymph nodes which can also include deep lymph nodes in the region.

You may choose to consult another surgeon or urologist and take a second opinion.

Hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 2 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor