Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Left leg hurts from ankle to below knee cap, reddish blotches on the painful areas. Any home treatment ?

hello, i got hit by a car today will on my bike, the car hit me on my left side. my left leg really hurts from ankle to 2 inches below my knee cap, the skin has reddish blotches on the painful areas, i can stand, but once i start making long strides when walking, it hurts alot more. do i just have a deep bruised area or muscle? or is it something more serious? and what is the best treatment at home?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.

Based on the description, You could have suffered a soft tissue contusion.

This is not a serious condition and is self limiting. It will resolve spontaneously within 1-2 weeks.

Please follow the RICE regime -
* Rest to the injured part and avoid any movement the produces pain
* Ice packing once in 2 hours over the injured area
* Elastic compression bandage around the swollen area
* Elevation of the injured limb to lessen the swelling
* Analgesic antiinflammatory medicines as needed

If your symptoms are not improving with the above measures, consult your family physician.

Hope this information is helpful. Good day
Answered: Mon, 26 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor