Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

Left kidney pain. Ultrasound done. Left kidney smaller, 2 ureters, 22mm stone. History operations duplex kidneys. Consult urologist?

Hi for the past 2 months I've had pain in the left kidney area going down to my bladder, I have gone to my GP and had a ultrasound and a CT scan and upon discoveries my left kidney is smaller then my right I have scarring and calcification in the left kidney and I also have 2 ureters. 1 going from the left kidney to the bladder and 1 going from the left kidney to nothing, this one is also dilated. They have also found a 22mm stone in my gall bladder. My GP has said to me to just leave it and see what happens. Should I be asking for a referral to a urologist?
As a child I had several operations for duplex kidneys that was at the age of 2 I'm 29 now and haven't had any previous problems.
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  Anonymous's Response
Hi !
It is clear from your history that you are asymptomatic despite the abnormality. If in the near future you develop symptoms of pain during urination, fever with chills then you can consider consultation with an urologist.As per your stone in your gall bladder it is better to get it removed by surgery.
Answered: Sat, 22 Jun 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor