Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Left hand pain in a golfer

Im 6ft 5 180 pounds and Im having problems with a MC boss on my left hand . I have had some pretty big pains in it. Im a professional golfer and I play golf everyday. I have been taking celebrex and a topical cream. I also had a steroid shot on Friday of last week but the pain has actually gotten worse. I was wondering if I did have surgery how long would the recovery be, especially for me to get back to playing golf?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  96
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi there.

Do you have pain on the outer aspect of your elbow ?

It appears you could be having a condition called Golfer's elbow where the muscles and tendons get inflammed near the elbow due to the motion and stress of forearms during Golf.

Steroid infection usually relieves pain in this region. Surgery may be done to relieve the stress in that region. This should be curative and pain will not be there but there may be some restriction to your playing habits after surgery for a few weeks. This time requires complete rest.

You can apply Diclofenac gel on the painful area of the elbow. Also take Acetaminophen or Paracetamol, under medical supervision. This should give some relief till the surgery. Avoid golfing for a while till you get cured.

Wishing speedy recovery.


Answered: Sat, 21 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor