Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Left Side Blood Clot in Brain

Dear Sir s, My Mom has under gone a Brain stroke on 25th Sep 2010 (Left side Blood clot), now presently, she is undergoing a regular medication, and the mediciines which she intakes are, Strocit, Notropil, Eptoin, Asomax, Admenta, Shelcal, Atorlip. She was earlier having a high BP and that too when she had got brain stroke before that she was not having a single health problems, After brain stroke she came up with High Bp and diabities, but at present she is not having any Diabities and blood pressure is also normal. We can see improvement in her walking, but we cannot see the improvement in Right Hand nor on the speach improvement. Also she is been under Physic Thearpy treatment..I like to know after taking all such steps when she will be likely to overcome with regards to speach clarity and movement of RH
Asked On : Thu, 23 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  394
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks a lot for using healthcaremagic. I think the you have diagnosed a clot in the left side of the brain with a scan. No need for another scan. As the damage is to the left side of the brain it causes right sided weakness and speech problem. Continue speech and physiotherapy. Strict control of BP and she will do well. Bye

Dr. Shiva Kumar R
Consultant Neurologist & Epileptologist
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Aseem's  Response
welcome to HCM.
read your prob, in case of brain strock which is also called brain hemorrhage, blood comes out from vessels n accumulate in any part of brain become clot, this clot apply pressure around it on brain n symptoms develops. symptoms r depend where that clot present. as you mention right hand n speech not improving , for that you should grt CT head , it will indicate exat location n size of clot, then we come to know that in your case only medicines are sufficent or there is requirment of opration.
discuss all these things with your doc n start proper treatment,
Dr aseem
Answered: Thu, 23 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor