Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Leak on right ear with strong odor

hi im 27 yrs old and its been 13 yrs.that i have leak only on my right ear.and the smell is not good it was annoying and disgusting i cant mingle very well to my friends because of this bad odor im shy.i tried to consult to a Dr.and they give me some antibiotics and ear drops but it cant do nothing.please help me how to cure the leak on my ear.because i don t want that my boyfriend will discover this...i will wait for your answer. thank you so much i hope you can help me..God bless :))
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  230
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
It is important to know the amount of ear discharge and how bad is the smell. (Because if it is scanty discharge and fishy smelling then it suggests a different diagnosis). This discharge usually comes out through a perforation (hole ) in the ear drum. It is also important to examine you to determine the type and size of that perforation to decide about treatment for you.
More over one has to find out whether you have any source of infection in your sinuses. Because if it is there it has to be treated first then ear needs attention.
If you don't have sinus infection an ear swab be taken for culture and sensitivity test.
After that test result you need to take a course of appropriate antibiotic.
Once the ear discharge stops, if the perforation is small it will close by itself in about 6 weeks and if it is large, surgery may be required to repair the hole in the ear drum.
If it is a marginal or attic perforation a different type of surgery may be required
For your problem you please consult an ENT specialist
Take care

you need to consult an ENT specialist urgently.
Answered: Tue, 8 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor