Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Lazy eye, eyelids have puffy look, feeling of occasional cross vision, floaters in vision. Any ideas?

20 years old female and my eyes have been different now for two months. At first it was just my left eye that out of no where felt odd. It suddenly became a lazy eye by that I mean i have more visible white in my eye and when I look a bit to the left my left eyes goes a bit higher and off to the side more. But now both of my eyelids have changed... First my left one was looking puffy but now they both have like a layer or extra skin on top of my eyelid. When I look down you can see the top parts of my eyeballs showing through my eyelid over the lower crease so it looks like i have two eyelids or a line across my eyelids. It s very strange and nothing I ve ever seen before. I had an eye exam and was prescribed prism glasses for possible eye strain but I know my problem is not with my vision . My eyes sometimes do feel like crossing quite often now and I do see a bit more floaters than I used to. So my question really is does any doctor have any idea what could be wrong? Its like my eyes have gotten bigger and more pronounced.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  86
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
hi there, First of all I would like to know whether you are suffering from any other symptoms like weight gain or wt loss, feeling of hot and cold excessively, any tremors or any palpitation? Your puffy eyes along with lazy eye syndrome is more suggestive to me of thyroid imbalance and the test you need to get done is a thyroid profile consisting of FreeT3 and T4 levels, TSH levels, THRH antibodiies etc. If all of these are within the normal range then you may need to get your renal profile done to rule out any renal pathology. Get yourself evaluated by a general physician and get your tests done according to his advice. It may not be only a localized eye problem but some systemic disease leading to these manifestation. Take care.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor