Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Laryngopharyngeal reflux

I have Laryngophrayngeal Reflux, as diagnosed by my ENT specialist and gastroenterologist. I am 18 years old and occasionally I get acid reflux attacks, like now. I keep coughing and fluid keeps slushing up and down my throat..I keep coughing up some food..only rarely do I get these attacks, and it seems that I have precipitating factors..For instance, I ate a sandwich with corn in it, and that s wrecked me...same happened last year twice..what to do? I am so frustrated coughing my lungs out and I am terrified that I choke on my vomit..please help me
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  360
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

Looks like u have acid reflux, refrain from smoking, spicy food. Follow a strict timely diet. Avoid full stomach feeds, eat sparingly but many times a day
U would prescribe u a pro kinetic like mosapride for the acute excaccerbations

Have a healthy living
Answered: Sun, 14 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor