Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Larger rib cage with discomfort on one side. Family history of bone cancer. Diagnosed as Tetzi syndrome. Correct diagnosis?

hey, my name is katie. my left ribcage is slightly larger than the other and i have had some discomfort with it. My dad had bone cancer in the same place and this concerned the doctor. my doctor sent me to get xrays and the results were that nothing was wrong with me and it will go away on its own. I was in a car wreck about four or five years ago. I dont know if thats the reason that it started or not. The doctor said that it is tetzi syndrome and i think that its something else.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your doctor sounds right!
If it is anything else (like a cancer as you suspect) - there must have been obvious and serious consequences over a period of time as of now.
Just ignore it / see a doctor again - if it becomes bigger or tender...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor