Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Large stretch marks on bikini line, irritated and red. How to fix it ?

Yes. I have large stretch marks on my bikini line. No matter what kind of underwear I wear (even with no underwear) the stretch mark gets really irritated and red. Looks like pressure ulcer is starting. It does get sweaty in that area of course but I didn t use to have this issue. It has become so painful that I sometimes cannot walk. The friction hurts too much. Am I crazy and the only person to have this issue? And do you know how to fix it?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  193
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

Thanks for writing here.

It seems you are having intertrigo.

It occurs due to constant friction of skin.

Use loose undergarments.

Go for weight reduction if you have extra weight.

Keep area dry and clean.

Take specail care during your menstural peroid since secretions and discharge can irritate the skin.

Use a combination of steroid and antifungal cream at night.

Candid b is one such brand readily available.Apply it for few days only.

At day time you need to apply a good antifungal powder .

Remeber it is a common problem affecting females.

Hope this will help you.Take care.
Answered: Fri, 9 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor