Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Large seroma on hip due to fall on steps, drained, had a steroid injection. How to get rid of it ?

I fell on uncarpeted steps onto my hip 4 wks ago. I now have a large seroma on this hip. Ortho drained it last week and got 360cc s out, but could not get all of it. I went back again today and he extracted about that same amount. In addition, he injected the sight today with a steroid . The lab results were negative for infection. The surgeon wants me to heal on my own if possible and wants me to keep getting extractions and wear a Spanxs for another 2 months. I am really wanting to get rid of this seroma and begin to wear normal clothes again.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
this is the best choice it shouldbe left to heal naturally and you need to get draining as the doctor did it
the other wat is to put drain for some days to drain the drainage automatically
take antibiotics for preventing the infection
Answered: Mon, 29 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor