Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Large protruding polyp dilating cervix, bleeding for long time, especially post sex. Precautions?

i have a significantly large polyp protruding past the cervical os which is dilating my cervix . I am bleeding pretty much all the time, and have been for the last 9 months, especially post coital. I am awaiting hospital gynae treatment but am not sure if I need to take any precautions while I wait? for example, walking, standing, lifting or intercourse.
Asked On : Sun, 20 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
you have to visit gynecologist as early as possible and get examined.
- there are different types of polyps with different symptoms.
- take biopsy of the polyp.
- depending on nature of the polyp you can go for polypectomy or hysterectomy.
- you can do your routine work if you have no problem with polyp in doing these works.
- better avoid intercourse till removal of polyp because it may cause heavy bleeding sometimes.
Answered: Mon, 21 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor