Large painful pimples on scalp, swollen lymph gland. What type of medicine will help?

Hi. For a long time I have suffered from large, painful pimples on my scalp and around my hairline. The lymph gland behind my ear is also regularly swollen on the right of my neck (the pimples are usually worse on the right side too). I am seeking an appointment with a doctor but I'm becoming anxious about serious health scares, for example lymphoma. Please advise if this combination of my scalp condition and a swollen lymph is familiar, and what kind of treatment I could be recommended.
Fri, 26 Apr 2013