Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

Large growth on lower sternum, coughing a lot, trouble breathing, tender ribs. X ray says it isn't bone. What could this be?

I have a large growth on my lower sternum. It showed up over a month ago, Didn t hurt at first but becoming a problem. Coughing a lot and having trouble breathing , Ribs are tender. X ray says it isn t bone and they don t know what to make of the cat scan and are dragging feet with any response. I would like to know what this could be. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A large growth on the lower sternum not shown on X-rays is not likely to be related to bone. You need to have an MRI scan of the chest to know its origin and the extent of spread. The pain in ribs is due to the pressure caused by the mass.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor