Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Large bump on back, thick pus discharge on squeezing it, grown in size. Cure?

My husband has had a bump on his back for the longest and he ask me to squeeze it...and really really really thick stuff came out as I squeezed it. That began over two years ago. About two mouths ago I did our normal routine of squeezing it and now it it so much bigger and very sore? Could you please help. Thank you in advance!
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  90
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist, Surgical 's  Response

Thanks for writing in

What part of the back is it situated ?
Considering the fact that the discharge is thick the chances of sebaceous cyst are more

It keeps on reoccuring as the capsule is left behind

Now that it has grown in size means it would have got infected and that is the reason it is painful

THe best remedy is to get it removed surgically
Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Answered: Mon, 19 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor