Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Large blister under nail, sinus infection. Soaked in salt water, pus removed. Cure?

i have a large pus filled blister on the side of my thumb partly under my nail, I have been suffering from a sinus infection but am recovering so it could be connected to that - but I am also a milliner and sew for a living and so often stab my self with needles on my hand so it could be more connected to that I have soaked it in salt water and have squeezed out pus but it is still growing, what can I do?
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  231
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello juliaemily.knox
From the symptoms that you have described it is acute paronychia which is an infection of the nailbed. this is linked to your needle pricks but not related to sinus infection. It needs to be drained. You can consult a surgeon who will do and incision and drainage.
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor