Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Lactating mother not getting periods after child birth. Damaged fallopian tubes during surgery. Pain and movement in the abdomen. Pregnant again?

I will be 33 next month, I am breastfeeding my 7 months old baby and recently I am feeling sometimes movement in my upper abdomen felt like baby is moving..and sometimes pain on left side, not sure what is it. My last delivery was normal but after that I got little bit complications, I had to go through surgery, tubes got squished they say..Well now I am periods are not yet back, so didn t know whether its pregnancy or gas bubble
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  60
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response

Thanks for posting your query.

You are having pain in upper abdomen most probably due to acidity.

If you are feeding your baby regularly, periods may be delayed up to 7-8 months after delivery known as lactational amenorrhea.

But for conformation you can do a urine pregnancy test with test kit available at pharmacy.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 27 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor