Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Lack of sleep since onset of puberty, severe depression. Suggestive treatment?

We are looking for a sleep clinic in upstate New York in the Middletown area. My grandson, 24years old, says he hasn t slept since puberty . There might have been some ADHD that wasn t diagnosed, but I think he knew there was something wrong. He is married now with a 14 month old daughter, but he seems depressed and does not work and is a stay at home dad while his wife goes to work. He discussed his lack of sleep with his mother and requested help. We don t know where to start. Can you help?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  10
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
it is not practically possible for someone not to sleep for even 72 hours. Probably he did not have a satisfactory sleep cause of his depression and he is exaggerating the symptom cause of his depression. He needs to show himself to a psychiatrist who can start him on some meds so that his depression comes down and he even can sleep well.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Answered: Sat, 27 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor