Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Lack of appetite, nausea and indigestion. Elevated bilirubin levels. Diagnosed with jaundice. Widal test positive for typhoid. Advice?

sir, almost 2 month earlier i have some problem like loss of appetite nausea and indigestion. doctor said for bilirubin and sgpt test.after testing billirubin was found 3.33 nd sgpt 75.8.and dr. said u have suffering from jaundice .nd start treatment with liv 52 and amlycure syrup. and some home remadies like redish juice and sugarcan juice.after two month means now my bilirubin is 1.76 and sgpt 37.but i have same symptom still.i went to next dr. he said for widel test and hb test.after result my widel test was +ve and hb was 11.1. now i have start treatment for i want to know is bilirubin and also increases in typhide and what is differene between jaundice and typhide?
Asked On : Tue, 9 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  112
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for using Healthcaremagic,

After going through all your available details, you had deranged liver function and your symptoms were consistent withviral hepatitis, in fact only Bilirubin and SGPT are available to make exact diagnosis we need to do viral markers and Ultrasonography of abdomen.

Viral hepatitis A or E spread through contaminated water which is likely to be the case in you. These are self limiting diseases and treatment is supportive only.

2 month is long period for Typhoid and widal test is very non specific can be positive in various diseases. Blood culture is better test for Typhoid and clinical examination.

Because you are suffering from 2 months your hemoglobin is slightly low.

Yes Bilirubin and SGPT can increase in both diseases but in viral hepatitis usually they are very high and Typhoid mildly deranged.

You are already recovering from your Hepatitis just take normal diet and vitamins supplementation to improve health.

If Jaundice persist visit a Gastroenterologist and investigate further to rule out chronic hepatitis.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Wish you speedy recovery.
Take care.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Answered: Wed, 27 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor