Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

LH and FSH level. Is this normal level or its a symptom of hypogonadism ?

I am 23 male and have LH level 4.23 and FSH ;level1.35 mIU/mL respectively. I am 183cms height and 80 kg wieght with very less beared and facial hair growth and also hair on my chest is negligent? Is this normal level or its a symptom of hypogonadism ?
Asked On : Wed, 23 Feb 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  411
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
It appears that both your FSH and LH levels are within normal range though FSH is slightly less. You should also get Testosterone and Oestrogen levels done, and if possible semen analysis as well. Loss of generalised body hair may not be due to testosterone problem but other diseases of hair loss. Do you have axillary and pubic hair. If this is there then may not be testosterone problem but a problem with the skin of beard area, chest which is not responding to testosterone due to less receptor sensitivity. You can wait for a few years and this may improve. You need to get examined for any genetic or congenital diseases by your Endocrinologist. Have you had fever and swollen glands behind your jaw anytime in puberty time. Get the tests done.
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
there is no need to worry just consult a sexologist once & follow his advice.proper examination is necessary before saying anything.
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to Healthcaremagic. The levels of LH and FSH are relatively normal in your body. You should also look forward to get testosterone and TSH levels done. You also need to inform me about the other issues faced by you like the axillary hairs and pubic hairs and primary sexual difficulties if any faced by you. If you are going through any abnormal sexual issues you must visit a sexologist or endocrinologist for further evaluation and help. Wish you good health.
Answered: Fri, 30 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
FSH and LH levels in men and women are normally low during childhood. In women, FSH and LH levels post menopause are high. During the reproductive years, typical LH levels are between 1-20 IU/L. High LH levels during LH surge may last for 48 hours. High follicle stimulating hormone levels during the reproductive years is considered abnormal. The normal FSH levels required for proper development of sex organs and for the production of a normal number of reproductive cells are supposed to be between 3 mIU/ml to 10 mIU/ml.
i think you got your answer
Answered: Tue, 9 Aug 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor