Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online


My Friend with LEFT VENTRICLE HYPERTROPY has to undergo surgery HELP ? I have posed a question. here r de friend is diagonised wit left ventricle hypertropy n has been adviced to go in for a surgery. plese help me wit the details. im anxious if its a serious surgery. he is 17 n came to know of the problem a month ago. PLEASE HELP
Asked On : Thu, 17 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  228
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
If I understand you correctly, you're saying that your 17 year old friend has left ventricular hypertrophy and was advised to undergo surgery to correct this condition. The assumption, therefore, is that your friend has HOCM (hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy). HOCM surgery probably involves open heart surgery, so it is relatively major surgery, unless your friend is able to undergo the non-surgical option where a small amount of alcohol is injected through a tube passed from the groin to reduce the bulk of the muscle that is blocking the flow of blood in the heart. Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 18 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor