(LDL) stands for what ?

Cholesterol that is known as (LDL) stands for ?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
Lab Tests ,  
's  Response
low density lipids

What is LDL in Cholesterol ?

I just found out my LDL is 271. However, my HDL is very good. The doctor said my LDL should be under 100. He is putting me on Lipitor. However, I m concerned with this high number means plaque is already in my arteries and if yes, is there a chance to reverse it with the medication, diet and exercise?

Recent questions on  Cholesterol

Hi, I think I have heartburn but not sure-I am a 43y/o female, no history of heart problems, healthy cholesterol level, non smoker, I exercise and eat healthy. I have pain where my arms attach to my body, feel slightly nauseous, feel like I need to burp-my breathing is fine. Maybe just indigestion?-had a spicy-somewhat rich supper.

I am 65 yrs. of age and both my cholesterol and triglycerides are elevated. Total cholesterol is 257. Triglycerides are 158. HDL cholesterol is 55. The dr. threw a sample of Crestor to me and gave me a prescription as well. I threw the Crestor in the trash. Started taking Cholestoff *Complete* which is for both dietary and genetic high cholesterol (made from plants) and am suppose to take two twice daily before meals. Also am eating 3/4 cup of Quaker Oat Meal w/ cinnamon sprinkled heavily over it each day and am on a low fat diet. Have been told that niacin also helps bring down cholesterol and am wondering if you would recommend taking it. I also take fish oil daily. Am interested in natural products for lowering it. Haven t been exercising appropriately and need to do that. Both of my parents had normal cholesterol levels but my grandmother passed due to a stroke. What is your recommendation and am I on the correct path? I am totally against statins due to their many side effects. I take medication for thyroid which is Synthroid and have no other major medical problems. Thank you very much

Hello. I am a 49 year old female with good cholesterol levels and I am not overweight. I ve had some high blood pressure on and off - controlled with vitamins. Have not taken it in a while. Over the weekend it came up 159/110 several times with other readings in the 140 s/90s. Do I need to get meds as in tonight or can it wait until a doctor visit next week? Thanks.

I am using under my doctor s advice Norspan 20 mg patches & Lyrica 75 mg. I have reduced my Norspan from 20mg plus 10 mg per week and Lyrica 600 mg daily to try to combat a feeling of constant tiredness, but to no effect. I am taking these drugs because of a diagnosis many years ago of CFS & Fibrimyalgia, not exacerbated by Spinal Stenosis an d collapsing Disks. A surgeon opperated on L#-$-% clamping rods to these vertebrae, but the pain has only become worse. I have CAD CABGs in 1981, 1997 & a Stent in 2006. I have some lung problems as well as complex Apneas. I have Atrial Fibrilation with my puilse rate jumping anywhere from 200 to 30 bpm. IO now have a pacemaker inserted to keep my lower level at about 70. I will bne 80 on Dec. 7 My Total Cholesterol is around 5.0 or lower (Au). I have Type II Diabetes. I am wondering is there is any prospect of my doctor prescribing any pain killers more effective than my current treatment. My BP is usually between 100 & 127 over between 50 & 60. I take a low dose (4mg) of perindopril. Regards Bill Pil;grim

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Hi, Can you please check my blood, ecg and usg reports and let me know on which areas should I take care? Also, any suggestions on any specific diet to control the problem areas and medications if any?

My Mother has gone through the medical health check-up.I need your input over the attached reports.