Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Knuckle cut open not healing, swollen after soaking, squeezed pus out. Anything to cure ?

hi i was just wondering I cut my knuckle open on a beer bottle cap in work (a night club) i cleaned it up and put a plaster on it the next day it had dried up until it split open again, again i did the same cleaned and plaster. it wasnt until i was down rowing and my hand got soaked in the tyne that my finger started to swell and i had a bruised feeling from the finger up to my wrist , i have got all the pus out of it and cleaned it with hot salt water but this is the second time i have had to squeee the pus from it. is there anything else i can do to help clear it up? as im scared of the infection spreading thanks
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  116
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Since the area is frankly infected, you need systemic antibiotics and debridement of the area done under a medical guidance. Do consult your physician for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 20 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor