Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Knot present in the middle of my chest, pain on touching. Symptoms related to gallbladder?

I noticed I have a knot in the middle of my chest right where the V is in your chest sometimes it hurts to touch it, it doesn t hurt on the inside it hurts like between the skin and my inside if that makes any sense at all. could you tell me if this is something to worry about or maybe does it have to do with my gall bladder? it sticks out a little bit and it is a round hard knot.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It sounds to me like you have some subcutaneous lesion of abdominal wall. It is almost impossible to feel your galbladder and you would have crampy pain after meal. It is more like some kind of benign tumor, lipoma, fibroma or atheroma, whichican be easily surgucaly removed.
If you think that this is intraabdominal then you must do ultrasound and further examination.
Wish you good health.
Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib's  Response
Welcome to HCM

The knot that hurts actually is not related to gall bladder but it is the xiphoid process which is a small projecting bone below the sternum. It often hurts on palpation and it happens almost in every individuals however less in some. there is nothing to worry about it.

Answered: Mon, 25 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor