Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Knot on right shoulder blade, looks like a bruise, growing in size, pain on touching. Treatment?

I have a knot on my right shoulder blade it looks like a bruise i have had it for a year and it had doubled in size. Im 18 was 17 at the time. It used to be flat and just looked like a bruise now its a knot and hurts alot when someone touches it. I went to the doctor but they couldnt do anything for it and had to make me an appointment with another one.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dentist 's  Response
Welcome to the forum.
Lump on the single side with very short history may be suggestive of deep seated boil/carbuncle or it may be simple lipoma which is now increasing .
possibly its enlarged lymph node swelling .
You will require a course of antibiotic for it.
you need further consultation form a doctor.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Answered: Wed, 13 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor