Knot in the breast.Cause?

I have a knot on my breast that is very red. It's right where the brown part of my nipple is and it's a little bigger than the size of a quarter. I can feel it's deep under my skin and it's not getting any better. It hurts pretty bad too. I am starting to get very scared. Can you help me figure out what this could possibly be please?
Fri, 17 Jul 2015
Hematologist 's  Response
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. You may have benign proliferative breast lesion like fibroadenoma or fibroadenosis. Or you may have breast cancer or other lump. You should go for mammography and biopsy of breast lump. It will give you exact diagnosis. Then you should take treatment accordingly.
Hope I have answered your question, if you have doubt then I will be happy to answer. Thanks for using health care magic. Wish you a very good health.