Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Knot in lower arm, popped after massaging, now having huge bruise in the area. What is it?

Okay so, about 3 days ago a few friends an I were doing some easy stunts an flips for a talent show well after we got threw practicing a knot came up on my lower arm between my elbow an my wrist . My arm wasn t sore but it hurt where that knot was so I tried massaging it an i could feel that it popped. Not 30 minutes after it was swollen. The next morning I had this huge bruise about 3-4 inches long going down towards my wrist an about an inch an half long. Can you tell me what it is.
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be a muscle bruise or a hematoma. It can be confirmed by ultrasound examination. I would suggest you to apply ice and take brufen tablet for pain killing. If swelling does not go down then you need to show it to a doctor. A compression bandage will also help.
Answered: Fri, 27 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor