Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Knot behind ear, swollen, puss comes out, headache, nausea

I have a knot on the right side kinda behind my ear at the base of my skull . It swells and pushes on the base of my skull. I get really bad headaches and really nausea . It has progressively gotten worse. I went to a hospital where I use to live and the Dr. just said it was a swollen lymph node and it will go away. That was 6 mons ago and I am still experiencing this, what do I need to do?
Asked On : Tue, 10 Apr 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response

The lesion behind ear at the base of scalp may be infected enlarged lymphnode.
May be lymphadenitis.You consult dermatologist or surgeon for perfect diagnosis.
Mantoux test and biopsy may be done to rule out tuberculosis . If mantoux test is positive and HP is positive for TB, then AKT may be started and may given for atleast 6 months. If MT is negative and HP is not of TB, then some other cause may be there. If there is secondary bacterial infection , antibiotics may be taken.
As there is headache, you take pain killer. And to relieve nausea, take antimimetic drug. I hope you got my answer.


Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Answered: Wed, 13 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor