Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Knot/Lump/Bump in leg

Help... I got hit in the leg a month ago, it left me a pretty big bruise. It went away a week later. But when I had the bruise I noticed a bump/lump/knot in my leg where the bruise was. It is still there a month later. it hurts if I push on it, well I did not push on it my boyfriend did when he tried to feel it. I am scared that it could be a blood clot of i don't know maybe a tumor. Any ideas of what it could be?
Asked On : Sun, 7 Mar 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  12479
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  Anonymous's Response
When I was 16, another's guy's knee hit the top, inside part of my right ankle HARD while playing touch football. I went down in pain and could barely walk on it at first and it turned a maroon-like color which suggested bleeding in an area where little but skin covers the bone. The next morning it started changing to a black and blue mark, but the pain was surprisingly gone. However, I developed a hard mass (like an extra piece of bone) that formed where the source of the bruise was -- it felt as hard as bone, was about nickle-size and could only be really visible if I turned my leg a certain way. It didn't hurt when touched and felt like an oblong marble attached to what's supposed to be an area of straight bone. I did notice, though, that my right leg would weaken in that inside of the right knee/upper ankle sometimes while running or walking fast. I finally went to a doctor a few years later. He took an x-ray and told me it was some type of cyst and was benign. I should have asked more questions, but I'm guessing it was a mass of scar tissue under the skin that quickly formed to stop whatever bleeding or seepage initially was happening. The next week he surgically removed it, leaving only a faint scar on the outer skin (about an inch and a half long). My ankle's been back to normal, smooth as its supposed to be in that area, ever since the operation.
Answered: Fri, 28 Jan 2011
  User's Response

my daughter had the same thing but on her arm i had no idea how it even got there it was a big black bruise and had a huge lump in it i took her to the doctor and the doctor told me it was somthing like a blood clot but nothing serious it would start to go away as the bruse faids it did within a month and a half but if it doesnt go away then i think maybe you should see a doctor it could be alot worst.


but here is somthing that helped know me alittle to know about bruises:


Most basic bruises are spread out and do not present any remarkable symptoms – that is, anything beyond the expected amount of pain and the telltale skin discoloration. Severe bruises may, from time to time, result in an uncomfortable, hard lump under the skin after a bad bruise. This is known as a hematoma.

As anyone who has suffered from them knows, hematomas may feel sponge-like, rubbery, hard or lumpy (or some combination of these characteristics). Despite how they feel, hematomas are not typically cause for concern – unless they occur on the head following a head injury (it's important to note that a head hematoma may not occur for several weeks following the head injury, so be mindful of its potential to appear). In this case, it's crucial to seek medical attention immediately.

As mentioned, hematomas usually only occur with more severe bruises. They occur when blood collects and pools beneath the skin after an injury. When this excess fluid accumulates, it creates the hard swelling known as the hematoma.

Answered: Mon, 8 Mar 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor