Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

Knock on the face, swelling and bruising around eyes and nose, lump under eyebrow. Worrisome?

I had a knock to face playing racquet ball a couple of weeks ago. Swelling came out in the form of bruising around the eyes and nose (black eyes basically). No nausea at the time or since. No blood in the eye. Bruising as cleared now more or less completely but there appears to be a small (semi hard almost gristle like) pea sized lump below my eye brow where the impact took place. It is not noticeable unless you touch and feels slightly tender. Just wondered if anything to worry about or the remains of the impact swelling and will disappear in time.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  220
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and thanks for the query
The lump is due to the injury and it will disappear with time. The lump occur due to the injury to the tissue around the eye or due to the bleeding that occurred during injury and causes bruise. In my opinion you should wait for few days and watch who it goes on. Take some anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen to reduce inflammation and lump. Do hot and cold fermentation at the site.
If your lump increases in size and cause more pain than you should consult your doctor for treatment.
Hope I have answered your query.
Best Wishes
Answered: Wed, 31 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor