Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Kneecap dislocated. Wearing a knee brace. Swollen knee. Hurts on top of knee. Any cure?

Hi, I dislocated my kneecap almost 2 weeks ago. I m wearing a knee brace (handed out at hospital), had x-rays taken ( no fractures ) but my knee is still swollen. I can walk on it but i can t stand too long on it (max 1 to 2 hours). I can only bend up to 90 degrees, if more it hurts on top of the knee and around it. A week ago the doctor said it s because it s still swollen with water that it can t fully bend but no improvement since...
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Get proper examination with expert , it seems it is more than arelocatied knee there is a possibility of other internal injury of knee like miniscus ( most prob post half ------so no terminal bending or patellar injury) get a proper good quality MRI or good clinical evaluation............then t/t will be well defined regards
Answered: Tue, 17 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor