Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Knee replacement 7 back problem

She is 54 years old and her weight is 68. And because of knee pain she walks abnormally about 3-4 minute maximum. And she has also problem in her back because of abnormal walk. Please suggest.
Asked On : Mon, 14 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
She might be suffering from Osteo-arthritis of knee joints, & obesity is adding to it.
Since she can't walk properly, which is giving stress to spine so there is backache also.
Get an fresh X-rays done of both knees in erect position & send me at By observing that I can suggest you further line of treatment, whether it is a course of physiotherapy or knee replacement
take Care
Answered: Sun, 20 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care majic.As the age advance the degenerative changes place takes in bones more in joints like knee which bears weight of body.It seems that she is having more difficult which limits her day to day life.You need to consult a orthopedic surgeon or your family physician first and after their advise need to undergone x-ray .Depending upon the result she may need either just calcium supplement or knee replacement or any other operative treatment.
Answered: Mon, 14 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor