Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Knee popped, black bruise. Knee surgery done to remove meniscus, cartilage replacement done. Treatment?

My husband has had knee surgeries in the past. Recently they finished removing all of the meniscus . Prior to that he had had cartrilge replacements. Last week he was walking it popped and now the back of his leg has a black showing up that is getting bigger. He has appointment next week to see an ortho doc....should we be concerned with this black spot?
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
This black spot is clotted blood but as your husband has history of injury in past i would recommend you to wait till ortho doc see him. Most probably it is soft tissue injury and rest and ice along with compression bandage will take care of this. Also avoid squatting and ground level sitting.
Answered: Tue, 8 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor