Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Knee painful, lump on joint. What can bring relief?

Hi I am a 29 year old woman who has had severe pain in my knee for the past four years or so on and off! For the past year I have developed a hard lump on my knee joint which very painful at night and feel like something is floating across my knee cap. This is now causing me to wake during the night and the only relief I get is when I stand!!
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It can be a loose body or meniscus tear. I would suggest you to get MRI of the knee joint to confirm the diagnosis. If there is any loose body it can be removed using arthroscopy. Also meniscus tear can be tackle with this. Do not delay the treatment as you might end with irreversible damage to knee.
Answered: Wed, 16 Jul 2014
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor