Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Knee pain when jumping. Had knee surgery for broken knee cap

I was playing hockey back in the latter part of December of 2011, slid into the wall going full speed and the first thing to hit was my right knee . I was concerned because a while back I had knee surgery on the same knee, doing the same thing, just playing a different sport. Then it broke my knee cap and the surgery was to take a little peice of it out. It s been healthy ever since. The pain in my knee right now is right in middle upper part of my knee cap. It hurts more when I do high impact things like jumping or sprinting. I love sports, and that is a big part of sports. When it was injured, I took anti imflamatory for quite some time, and rested on it. I can still run and jump and play, but it s just sensitive and isn t at full potential.
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

As per your history there is possibility of soft tissue injury in knee.
Most commonly meniscus injury occurs.
And MRI may miss meniscus tear,diagnostic arthroscopy can help and cure the problem.

As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve range of motion .

Small meniscus tear can be managed conservatively with physiotherapy with USG andTENS.
Meniscus injury can be managed by arthroscopic repair,and same day you can go home.
You can do running and jumping if all ligaments are normal.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 26 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor