Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Knee pain after leg injury, soreness around knee cap. What is wrong?

Hi, i was playing basketball last night and i jumped to swat a pass away. When i did so i laned on the right foot hard. I heard or felt something but not sure what. My knee hurt all nigt and today. I had another game today and i only played a little bit but when i did i was boxing out and my knee gave out and i fell and a girl landed on me. My knee feels really tight and sore kinda by the ACL and around the knee cap. Not sure what it wrong? Do i need to go to the doctor??
Asked On : Tue, 25 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  163
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Thanks for posting your query.

From description , it seems to be soft tissue injury or ligament injury.

I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. You may get the X-ray/MRI of the area affected under his/her guidance.

Meanwhile You can take Tablet Motrin 1 tablet with food as and when required (upto 4 tablets daily).Avoid putting weightand rest well.

Wishing you good health..
Dr Saurabh Gupta.
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon's  Response
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, you injured yourself while playing basketball. Sudden pressure on the knee (by landing, trauma etc) can cause severe pain and morbidity. As your knee pain has still not resolved, it would be best to get it examined. Your Doctor (Orthopedician) will most probably order a few tests (X-Ray, MRI) to confirm the diagnosis. If these is ligament tear or ruptured, then you will need to immobilize it for sometime and avoid strenuous activity. We would also advice you to not indulge in any strenuous physical activity till you get yourself examined. Hope this helps.
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon
Answered: Tue, 25 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor