Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Knee pain, MRI shows medial meniscus with mild effusion. Taking Etova and Kyrab. How much can I walk?

My Age -53 yrs - Male. I have a pain in my left knee . I had shown my X-Ray / MRI to many Doctors all of whom are Orthopeadicians. The MRI shows s/o grade -3 tier in posterior horn medial meniscus with mild effusion . Last doctor at Fortis Hospital in Mohali has recommended me cycling & pillow pressing exercises & gave medicine of ETOVA-ER 600 & KYRAB along with a tablet of Vitamins . If stay sitting there is no pain. But even after 2-3 days if i have to walk some distance the knee starts paining. I live on Ist Floor & my office is also on First Floor. In how much I can walk at least 1-2 Kms? Can I ever walk this distance of 2-3 kms? Is medicine correct?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  120
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Acupressure Specialist 's  Response
whenever u have pain that too especially knee avoid walking and doing exercises. simple yoga and breathing helps you to keep fit. As being age factor can be your problem minimised by reducing your weight if you are overweight. also the body has its own way of healing power if it palns automatically takes rest. Also in yoga simple knee rotation clockwise and anticlock wise will by bending the knee wiil be the advice.
Answered: Sat, 8 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor