Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, swollen from inside

hello doctor..i am 18 years old and i am suffering knee injury from long time...i consulted many doctors and he told me that my knees were swollen from inside and advised m to take medicine for 3 weeks...after 3 weeks pain is less but not completely gone ( i am a sportsperson and was fallen 2 months ago very badly...) help me please
Asked On : Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
1. Sports person succumb to complex knee injuries,
2. Initial swelling in the knee with decreased pain after 3 weeks indicates a meniscal / ligament / cartilage injury inside knee. Chances for any bony injury is remote as you are able to walk.
3. If your problem persists you can go for a MRI scan of your knee. Diagnostic Arthroscopy is gold standard test to find cartilage injuries which a MRI can hardly locate.
4. You can use crepe bandage / knee cap or brace till the investigations. Further management will be dictated by the MRI / Arthroscopic findings.
Answered: Wed, 9 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor