Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, swelling, blood collection near ankle, bruising. Causes and treatment?

I am a 44 year old male, 6 4 and weigh 210. A week ago I was hit with a softball just below my knee about 1 1/2 to 2 . It swelled up right away the size of a softball and was raised about an inch. It s been a week. The blood started pooling around my ankle the next day. The area where I was hit did not bruise until 6 days later and is still swelled but not as big. Why is the blood pooling at my ankle and bruised?
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  258
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It looks to me that you have a soft tissue injury of the knee. I do not think that you can have bone fracture or ligament damage due to soft ball injury. I would recommend you to apply ice, take Brufen tablet and apply compression bandage . Avoid knee bending for a week. You can also apply Diclofenac ointment.
Answered: Sat, 10 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor