Knee injury, pus oozing, pain. TT, mercurochrome taken, ciprofloxacin, famotidine taken, BD, soframycin prescribed. Advise?

I had fallen down from a motorcycle and there was abrasion on my knee as well as on arm just below the elbow other than swelling of knee and pain in the ribs. The abrasions were cleaned within 10 minutes at a first aid centre and mercurocrome applied and bandaged. Tetanus injection was also given.

Next day when I removed the bandage I found that the area was yellowish and wet and very tender. I left that open and did not apply anything or taken any medicine. On the fourth day I find that the skin has dried but pus is oozing from several places. The pain has also not subsided at the abraded area. I had visited a doctor and I was given ciprofloxacin capsules, Famotidine tablets - both BD and soframycin cream to apply. After first application of the cream I find more yellowish liquid (pus?) is flowing out. SO far I have taken one dose of the oral medicines.

My question is - is the medication OK or do I have to see a specialist? How long do I wait to find improvement? Do I clean the abraded area, if so, using what?
Mon, 13 May 2013