Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Knee injured. MRI scan showed torn acl and meniscus. Litle pain and no swelling. Suggest

My son injured his knee in gym class playing basketball. Hi is an avid volleyball player and is in the middle of his senior year. We went to one Dr. this last week and he had an MRI. It showed he had a torn acl and meniscus. We are meeting with a surgeon this week. He was told by the Dr. he could no longer play volleyball. He shows very little pain, no swelling and can move around without a problem. Any thoughts? Should we go for a second opinion?
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
better to undergo arthroscopic ACL reconstruction along with Meniscal repair / shaving depending on the type of injury , he can return to volley ball by months , if not repaired it will impair other ligaments also and causes early arthritis
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor