Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Knee hurt after falling, huge lump formed, bruising. How to get relief?

I play basketball and I fell on my knee about a week ago. Right after falling, a huge lump appeared and soon after, so did the bruising . It hurt for awhile, but doesn t that bad anymore. The lump hasn t gone away and neither has the bruising. It s right above my right knee cap on the left side. My question is, what did I do, and how do I treat it?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome toHCM.
From the history it seems that you have developed hematoma following injury.
Collection of blood give rise to bruising .
Better to be to consult orthopedic surgeon ,get investigations done as advised and take proper treatment to prevent further damage and morbidity .
Answered: Sat, 15 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor