Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

Knee dislocation, therapist bend the knee hardly, have swelling now. What should be done?

I recently broke my right knee , the knee was dislocated, all the tendons were torn and the tibia bone was broken and had to have a metal plate put on to the broken bone. I went to therapy last week and the therapist bent my knee real hard. Now I can hardly bend my leg and it is swollen and really warn to touch.What do you think is wrong and what should I do ?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi dbpalmer ! Did you show your x ray to therapist. It will stop him to do any procedure. Now ! What to do! If you have red and bluish swelling around the metal cast area on your skin. if yes ! Means some infection. Take antibiotic ciprofloxacin tab, if pain take ibuprofen or diclofenac. If fever take paracetamol. And tetanus injection too. But after doing every thing no result need to talk to your doctor Recover soon. Bye.
Answered: Wed, 19 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor