Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Kindly give me a solution for my sons agenesis of corpus callosum ?

I have a child age 13years with agenisis of corpuscollosum he has difficulty in his studys please give me a solution
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  259
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
hi welcome to HCM.ACC may be complete, partial, or atypical. With complete agenesis, the corpus callosum is totally absent. It is not possible for the corpus callosum to regenerate.they may benefit from a range of developmental therapies, educational support, and services. It is important to consult with a variety of medical, health, educational and social work professionals. Such professionals include neurologists, neuropsychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, pediatricians, geneticists, special educators, early intervention specialists, and adult service providers.may benefit from a range of developmental therapies, educational support, and services. There are currently no specific medical treatments for callosal disorders,
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
  User's Response
Welcome To Health Care Magic,
It is impossible for a corpus collasum to regenerate.There is currently no specific treatment.patients benefit from range or developmental and physical therapy.speech language pthologist and neurologist may help you out.Again it depends on the patients willpower because he always have to work twice harder than normal individual.
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Hello shashikala
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum
Corpus callosum agenesis has no definitive cure as such but the learning disorder and developmental anomalies can be worked upon with the help of an integrated treatment comprising behavior therapy physiotherapy occupation therapy etc
Your location is not mentioned but I suggest wherever you stay you should go for treatment in A institute where all such facilities are available under one roof and they should be able to provide certificate of learning disorder if required for his future
Thank you
Answered: Sat, 6 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor