Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Kidney transplantation suggested. On dialysis. Had hemicolectomy after finding malignant ulcerated growth in the colon

Doctor, for a patient aged now 64yrs old,undergoing dialysis for the past 5 yrs, need kidney transplantation.
For this patient, The HB was very low during 2004 and the reason for the same was identified in Feb 2005. It was circumferential ulcerated growth at the region of hepatic flexure in the Colon. Endoscopically it was found malignant. So hemi-coloctomy was done in April 2005, removing all lymph nodes along with ileo colic, right colic and right branch of middle colic, gall bladder and appendix. Histopathology report on specimen sent after colon surgery showed TMN stage as T2 N0 M0.
Can kidney transplantation be done for this patient?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query.
The most important thing to be considered prior to a kidney transplant is to ensure that there is no recurrence of the cancer.
Once this has been ruled out with appropriate imaging like a CT scan, you need to consult your nephrologist.
He will do further extensive evaluation of the patient to see if his general health condition is fit enough to tolerate the surgery and the anti rejection pills which need to be taken life long post transplant.
Hope this answers the query.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 27 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor