Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

195 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Kidney stone problem of a 38 tears old person

age-38 years having stone in left kidney from past 2 weeks what to do?
Sat, 24 Sep 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Homeopath 's  Response
Homoeopathy has a good scope in treating renal calculi. Use Berbaris vulgaris Q 15 drops thrice daily with water. Take plenty of water daily. Pain killer may be used if require.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.welcome.The size and number of stones not mentioned.Stones less than 5 mm in diameter pass spontaneously in 90% and so are treated conservatively with their progress monitored on serial abdominal films.For renal stones less than 2 cm lithotripsy is preferred and PCNL(percutaneous nephrolithotomy) is reserved for stones bigger than 2 cm.Good luck.
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Treatment of stone in kidney depends on size and site of stone. If less than 5mm cahances of passing out with urine are reasonably good.Can take some mild diuretic
and continue drinking plenty of water, with forceful urine may come out.Also you have
to look for recurrent infection quite common with renal stone and back pressure leading
to hydronephrosis which can compel you for early interference.Otherwise as and when
pain pain killer will help and you can wait. If stone is bigger than 5mm and if possible to
get rid with lithotrypsy that is easiest way to get rid of it. Surgery is last option only
when lithotrypsy may noy help.Go o observing size of stone with USG and goes above
5mm than submit for lithotropsy. Thanks
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Dhara Shah's  Response
hi welcome to health care magic.see first you dont mention the size of stone if it less then 10mm then it should be remove through urine after treatment otherwise go through have to drink plenty of fluid,avoid tomatto,bhindi,brinjal.take an opinion of urologist.
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
in Ayurveda there is a stone that is called hizral yahood that has the ability to make renal stones into sand particles and expell. You are advised to have tab. sheet prabha which has it as one of its contents.
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
please mention the size of the stone and location. treatment depend on that. small stone of less than 5mm can be treated by forced diuresis, larger one needs may need to consider using lithotripsy, or shock wave therapy (EWSL), to break the stone up into smaller fragments to allow those small pieces to pass more easily into the bladder.
consult urologist
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Ram Mani Bhandari's  Response
welcome to healthcaremagic
Yes there is alternative treatment in Ayurveda for renal stone using herbal preparation. The combination of herbs gokshur, pasanbhed, kulatha, mulethi, Varuna are good for breaking of stones. Kulatha daal and kulathawater is very beneficial. Drinking water 4-5 daily is needed for renal stone. it depend upon the size of stone how much it take for you completer removal of stone.
take care
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Swati Ramkumar's  Response
Dear Sunder,
Renal calculi are treated depending upon the site, number and size of the calculi. You have not mentioned about either of it. If the calculi is small and does not produce any symptom, you do not require any major treatment. Having plenty of water would help.
But if the calculi is large in size or the position is such that it cannot pass off, alternative treatment is required.(lithotrypsy)
Homeopathy has very good results in treating your current condition as well as minimizing the recurrence. Would suggest you to visit a Homeopath for treatment.
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Dear Sunder,if the stone is small and not causing any problem then no active treatment is needed.Go for repeat ultrasound after 3 months.If the size is big means more than about 10mm then you need to take treatment,please consult a urologist for this.This might needs removal.bye.
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
if stone is of small size(less than 4mm) generally pass spontaneously with conservative treatment .
if pain is there then analgesics can be used.if its of large size,or stone enlarging orcausing complete obstruction then surgery needed. so do ultrasound with consultation of surgeon .according to size and site surgeon will give u advice for treatment.follow his advice.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....